Scentsy Wax spilled on your carpet?
Although Scentsy is SAFE and will not pose any fire hazard, it could still spill on your carpet!
I’ve been lucky to never have had Scentsy wax spill on my carpet (even with five little kiddies! Whew!), but I have had it spill down my bathroom wall. I found a few things that work, so I will post the “best practices” in case you need it too!
- Pick off as much of the Scentsy wax as you can.
- Use an ice cube to chill the Scentsy wax to chip off more of the excess. Get as much as you can, but don’t ruin your carpet.
- Place a paper bag, paper towel, or piece of newspaper on the carpet where the wax spilled. Go over the paper with an iron on the lowest setting to heat the wax (a hair dryer would work too). Scentsy wax is formulated to melt at a low temp, so it won’t take long. The paper will soak up the wax and pull it away from your carpet. Change the paper as needed until all of the Scentsy wax is removed.
- If the wax is gone, but the wax color stained the carpet, use a clean paper towel to apply rubbing alcohol to any areas as necessary.
- Rinse the carpet where the wax spilled with clean water. You can use a clean, wet rag or a spray bottle.
- Dry the carpet to ensure the stain is gone.
Hope this helps! Good luck with your Scentsy warmer and hope you don’t have to use these instructions too often!
Never want to worry about wax spilling again?! Check out the brand new, battery-powered, portable, USB-charged Scentsy Go! This cool new Scentsy product is a modern, minimalistic design warmer with multiple color modes and uses a quiet fan below a pod of highly scented Scentsy beads to distribute Scentsy fragrance in your space! Follow the link to learn more about our Scentsy Go products or follow this link to Buy Scentsy Go. And if you want to watch a funny commercial we made for the Scentsy Go follow this link to our How to Use the Scentsy Go.
How to Change Out Scentsy Wax in a Warmer
If you’re wondering the best ways to remove Scentsy wax from your Scentsy warmer to change out the wax, click here to read my three tips for How to Change Your Scentsy Wax.
Buy Scentsy Wax Online
Let me know if you need me to help you pick out some new fun Scentsy scents to put in your Scentsy warmer… now that the wax is all cleaned up. 🙂 As always, buy five Scentsy Bars in a multi-pack, get one Scentsy Bar free!