Category Archives: Wickless Candles
This is one of the featured plug-in warmers right now.
The Scentsy Crinkle Plug In Warmer: Undulating ridges radiate across Crinkle, like waves rippling away from a skipped stone. The crinkled ridges stand out as the Scentsy plug-in warmer glows when it’s turned on. On sale now for only $20.00.
I talk about Scentsy candles almost every day and recently I started just reflecting on the wickless candle industry. It’s pretty amazing how far wickless candles have come over the last few years. The traditional candle is what most people had in their houses and not only did they not have wickless candles but they didn’t probably had never seen or heard of anything different. And now, Scentsy itself is well known all over the world and other companies making wickless candles have been born. So most people have at least heard of if not own some type of wickless candle variation.
Orville Thompson hadn’t even seen a wickless candle until March 2004 when he was a vendor at a sales show in Salt Lake City and happened to be located near a booth where some women were selling decorative warmers designed to melt scented wax with the heat of a light bulb instead of a wick and flame. It is through this experience that led him and his wife Heidi to purchase the then tiny company called Scentsy. Think about that…that was only 2004!
I find it interesting how a concept that has been around since 200 BC in China and in Europe around 400 AD has evolved over the past 8 years. Now, we have just about every scent you can imagine and there are new decorative warmers available every month. Makes me excited about the future of Scentsy and what their candles may look like in another 8 years.
See the top selling Scentsy full-size warmers for June 2012. Hopefully these will give you some ideas when making your next Scentsy purchase. Let me know if you have any questions or want ideas and suggestions.
Angler Warmer – It’s currently on sale for $31.50
Heartfelt Warmer – nice romantic warmer
Ashbury Warmer – retro Scentsy Warmer
Jane Warmer – look through the glowing window
Scentsy Warmer of the Month: Blizzard Scentsy Warmer
Escape the winter chill with Blizzard. Warm cream blends to black in a sophisticated ombre as enchanting snowflakes fall upon the base and scalloped dish. Elegant and chic, Blizzard is the perfect holiday ornament.
A safe candle: 25-watt lightbulb melts the Scentsy wax cubes in the dish on top to make your whole room smell good, with no fire danger, soot, or smoke. Each month Scentsy offers a Scentsy Warmer and fragrance of the month, so check back for January’s Scent of the Month. See the Scentsy Warmer of the Month for November 2011.
Scentsy Sale Price:
$35 $31.50 ($3.50 off)
Scentsy Scent of the Month: Comfort & Joy Scentsy Bar
The best gifts combine the anticipated with the unexpected—just like Comfort & Joy. Spicy, familiar woods marry with surprising white florals, pure citrus, and just a nibble of gingerbread for a winter fragrance that’s anything but ordinary.
If you like Oxford Scentsy Bar, you’ll love this one – similar to Oxford, brightened up just a bit.
Each month Scentsy offers a Scentsy Fragrance of the Month so check back for January’s Scent of the Month.
Scentsy Sale Price:
$5.00 $4.50 ($0.50 off)
Become A Scentsy Rep
Wondering if becoming a Scentsy Rep is a good fit for you? Scentsy is a legitimately great company, and not a scam, or a pyramid scheme. You will love it, and will fit right in with our amazing Scentsy team.
1. Scentsy is flexible- you can Sell Scentsy in your free time, supplement your family income, or as a full time business. It’s up to YOU! Whatever your goals are, Scentsy is there to help you reach them. Most importantly, Scentsy allows you to put your family first!
2. Generous Compensation Plan- Start out with 20% commission and quickly move up to 25% when your sales reach $1000. Earn up to 30% plus bonuses as you build your team. There is unlimited potential, and it’s all up to you because YOU are in charge.
3. It’s Easy to Sell- You don’t have to be a salesperson. Who doesn’t love candles and a great smelling home? Home parties are easy… no preparing a meal to cook, no scrapbook project to prep, and no applying skin care or makeup products on others. You set the Scentsy scent samples out and let guests know how the warmers work & your ready to take orders. Scentsy sells itself!
4. Fast Growing Company – Scentsy is one of the fastest growing companies in the Direct Selling Association. Scentsy is currently all over the US and Canada, Ireland, Germany, and the UK, with more countries to open in the future.
5. Small Investment – For only $99 (plus shipping/tax) you’ll have everything you need to start your own business. Your Scentsy Starter Kit will contain over $200 in products and supplies!
6. No inventory required – Unlike many other businesses that require or recommend you have inventory, whether or not to have inventory is completely up to you. Whether you decide to promote your business through events and fairs, fundraisers, online or home parties is completely up to you.
7. No monthly qualifications – No high monthly sales minimums; no pressure. No mandatory auto-ship programs.
8. The Product – Scentsy products are amazing! People can’t get enough. I have lots of repeat business from people who get the new scent every month and/or placing orders for gifts and/or to ordering more of their favorite scents. New catalogs come out every 6 months, plus a new warmer and scent is offered at a discount every month, keeping our product line fresh and exciting. There are over 80 scents and 40+ Warmer designs, so there’s something for everyone.
9. Lots of Support - You’ll have lots of support from me and from Scentsy Corporate from your very first show. The company really cares about us. It’s great to be a part of the Scentsy team. In addition to having one on one support, you’ll have a FREE WEBSITE for the first 3 months (only $10 per month thereafter). You’ll have an online Scentsy Training Center to have support right at the touch of your fingertips. You don’t have to learn to design a webpage. Scentsy does it for you!
10. Ground Floor Opportunity – How many companies boast of being a Ground Floor Opportunity? Lots. How can a business that has been around for 30+ years be a ground floor opportunity? Scentsy was started in 2004 and is just getting started with lots of room for growth. Scentsy plans to launch brand new Scentsy brand soon under the Scentsy parent company umbrella… this will be a HUGE opportunity for all Scentsy Consultants and truly is a ground floor opportunity.
Sign up to Sell Scentsy
Now that you’re all excited to join, are you now wondering How to Become A Scentsy Consultant? It’s super easy. Here is some more information about Becoming a Scentsy Rep, here is another post about how to join and sell Scentsy, or just sign up online today! You definitely won’t regret it.
I have been a Scentsy Consultant for over 4 years now, and can definitely say there is no “fine print”, and nothing Scentsy tells you after you join that would have changed your mind. Scentsy is a genuine good company, with incredible core principles and a commitment to do good in the world. I love being a Scentsy Consultant and know you will too!
Independent Scentsy Star Director
There are several different collections of warmers offered by Scentsy: including the Campus Collection and Patriot Collections but today I wanted to highlight one of my favorites:
The Renaissance Collection Scentsy Warmer
Each of these Scentsy warmers feature fantastic color schemes and and hand finished detailing. These ceramic Scentsy candle warmers melt the Scentsy wax Bar from the heat of a lightbulb, and are beautiful enough to stand alone as a home decor accent. These are a favorite of those who enjoy the Renaissance style. These are full size warmers and are about 4.5″ wide and 6″ tall.
How Is Scentsy Different Than Other Candles?
You may have noticed that there are a lot of wickless candles on the market these days. It has become a very popular product due to the safety and ease of use, and of course the great smells that fill up your home or office. Scentsy is one of the leading manufacturers of wickless candles and ensures the highest quality standards. You get a quality piece of home decor you can use to accent your style, and your choice of over 80 scents to make your home smell just how you want it. Scentsy is the authentic wickless candle company, but does much more than just make candles.
The Scentsy line of wickless candles features a candle warmer that resembles a small, 2 part vase. Each unique piece of pottery is handcrafted to the highest of quality and detail in ceramic or porcelain. The bottom of the warmer has a low-watt light bulb that emits the right amount of heat to melt the wax and release the fragrance. The wax in a Scentsy candle is highly scented cubes that are placed in the top dish of the warmer. You can place the Warmer on a table top, or you can buy the Plug-in Warmer that can plug directly into a wall outlet like a nightlight.
Scentsy offers around 75 different wickless candle styles and over 80 different ‘scents’. The fragrance that is released is free of soot, smoke, or lead and of course there is no flame. A flame from an ordinary candle can start a fire, burn a finger, harm a pet, or singe hair. The wax in a Scentsy candle only warms to just above body temperature (like a parafin dip).
From Rocks to Warmers
This short video shows the process that is involved in how a Scentsy candle warmer is made and how it starts out as a pile of rocks, and ends up as a beautifully hand-crafted Scentsy warmer. Not only is a Scentsy Warmer a safe way to fragrance your home, it is a decorative piece that can be used as an accent piece of beautiful pottery to enhance any decor or style.
That is a brief description of how the candles work and really what they are but it doesn’t get to the heart of what Scentsy Candles really are. They are an experience meant to be shared and enjoyed with friends. The Scentsy party is meant to be just that..a party where everyone is having fun and not sitting in a business meeting or in a product training. Scentsy decided that a direct selling method was the only way they could really make a difference in the lives of people from the simple aspect of having a great smelling home to providing income for those that are in search of something more in life. And finally, they simply provide a chance for family and friends to get together for a party.
I invite you to try a Scentsy candle for the first time. Maybe attend a party. Maybe you will choose to become a Consultant and have your own Scentsy party and share some laughs with your own friends and family members. However you decide to experience Scentsy, I can’t wait to hear about it and know you’ll love it as much as I do!
I LOVE this brand new Scentsy Warmer of the Month! It debuts this month, a brand new warmer fresh for March, and you can buy it on sale too! Only $27, regularly $30. The Dotty Scentsy Warmer is so fresh and fun, yet delicate as the new spring. The shape and cute polka-dots remind me of an Easter egg! The yellow is a perfect soft, yellow, and the accent trim is yummy chocolate brown. Sure to be a pleaser this season with your fresh, spring decor to welcome in the warmer weather.
March Sale Price: $30.00 $27.00 ($3.00 off)
Jumpin’ Jelly Beans Scentsy Scent of the Month is one of my favorites yet! It is such a yummy, fresh yet sweet and fruity scent of pears and apples, with a bit of zesty lemon and sweetness of sugar. A delicious blend, sure to bring out the child in you and bring back your sweetest memories.
March Sale Price: $5.00 $4.50 ($0.50 off)
I just ran into a friend who mentioned she has a Scentsy Warmer but the wax is lasting forever because the dish never gets empty! I noticed her warmer was plugged in, but I didn’t smell any scent. As I explained how Scentsy works, I realized I needed to post and spread the word in case there are more of you out there who need a little tip!
Scentsy warmers use a low-watt lightbulb to melt the special Scentsy wax slowly (FLAMELESS!), maximizing the fragrance time of the Scentsy Bar or Scentsy Brick. Since it’s flamelesss and wickless, there’s no soot or smoke; the Scentsy system is a safe candle that lets you enjoy more than 80 Scentsy fragrances. The wax will never diminish, since it’s not burning up… the only thing released into the air is the scent. You know to change the Scentsy wax when you can’t smell it any more.
- Plug it in. Turn it on.
- Place one or more sections of your Scentsy Bar into the dish.
- Enjoy the Scentsy smells!
How to change a Scentsy fragrance
- Completely melt the wax in the dish. Change when you can’t smell it any more.
- Pour the melted wax into its original packaging to reform the wax (or a disposable container, like a soup can).
- Clean dish with a paper towel.
- Store used bar in a cool place or discard.
Why Should I Sell Scentsy?
I think about why I sell Scentsy a lot. It helps me know what to say to people when they ask me that question. As a mom of 4 little kids under the age of 7, I love that I can sell Scentsy and stay home with my kids. I derive a lot of personal satisfaction knowing that I am building a sustainable business. I don’t have to worry about finances now, and don’t wonder what I would do if something were to happen to my husband and I’d have to be the sole supporter of my family. It is important that I am able to do this and not miss a moment with my kiddies, because I know these years will fly by. A few weeks ago I was talking with some Scentsy Consultants on my team and asked them the same question. Here are a few of their answers:
- I’m working to pay off bills and become debt free.
- I want to quit my job and stay home with my family.
- To make extra money to pay for family vacations.
- To increase my self-confidence.
- Allows me to contribute to finances and work from home.
- A way create self-sufficiency.
- Start a new life after divorce.
- Be able to create my own hours and not have the boss I hate.
- Earn extra money to pay for my crafts and hobbies.
- Discount on the product and great tax write-offs.
- Promise of a better financial situation in the future with less stress.
- I love the product… it makes me happy.
Every Scentsy story is unique and suited to that person, but each has something to do with the ability to make your life more like what YOU want it to be. What will your Scentsy story be? Come join Scentsy with me and let’s get started on making YOUR story!